The Dunsmoor Family

Kevin-Melissa-Mckenzee-Irelynd

Favorite Quote

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot been seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
-Helen Keller

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A few posts in one.....

Mckenzee is back at Cumorah again this year. YAY! I love it! She was not nervous at all to go this year and she was happy to see some of her friends from last year. We just love it there and we are so thankful we are able to have Mckenzee go there again this year. She is doing well and loves it. She made AB Honor Roll again. I am the Box Top Coordinator and I am also over the Shop for Schools through Fresh and Easy.

(1st day of school)

( Kenz's locker)

The on September 4th our friend passed away. Devon Anderson. We are sure going to miss him! He was such a fun person, he always made you smile. Bye Dev, we love ya!


On September 4th we left for a family reunion in Salt Lake. We carpooled with my parents to save gas and it always makes traveling that much more fun. We stopped in St George and ate at Wendy's. Then all of a sudden when we were almost to Beaver my heart started racing, I felt like I was going to pass out, my tongue felt like it was swelling, and I started shaking and felt short of breath. Then my left arm felt like it was going numb. HOLY CRAP! So Kevin stopped at the Hospital in Beaver. They gave me fluids, a chest x-ray, EKG, Took Blood, and just monitored me. They released me a couple hours later and we finished our drive to Salt Lake. I was pretty much not feeling well the whole weekend. I couldn't eat! Sunday I felt pretty good. Then on Monday, I could barely stand up straight. It was pretty bad. On Tuesday I went to the Centennial ER. Nice hospital, clean. That was a plus. I went in for pain in my chest, short or breath, feeling like I was going to pass out again. UGH! They gave me an EKG, took my blood again, CAT Scan, Breathing treatment. Then on Friday I had a Dr appointment, Monday Dr appointment, Friday Dr appointment. Followed by more blood work, another EKG, an Echocardiogram, Treadmill Stress test, Halter- Monitor, more doctor appointments, a visit to the Cardiologist and now I have to take 2 different medicines and the Cardiologist says I will never feel 100% unless I have surgery. WOOHOO! and all before I turn 30!. I am feeling better but not 100%. Some good things that have come from this are I have lost 15 pounds and I am continuing to lose weight, my eating habits have changed to healthier, no soda, little sweets because all of a sudden I don't crave sugar, and I quit bitting my nails. The diagnosis.... I have SVT- Super Ventricular Tachycardia, my organs are all good, heart is good, lungs are good.

Mckenzee turned 12 this year in September. I can't believe I have a 12 year old. Her favorite present, I think was from Uncle Travis. Kevin and I took her to breakfast on the way to school for her birthday. She got to wear her birthday outfit to school. On your birthday you get free dress. She now gets to go to young womens and loves it. She has made a ton of friends. I do think it helps that she was able to go to camp this year. What a spiritual experience. I was lucky enough to be able to be with her for her 1st year of camp. I was the assistant camp director. We both had a blast. Mckenzee didn't want to come back home! I am so happy she loved it and made
so many friends there.

(From Uncle Travis)

(Playing Volleyball for Young Womens)

(At Camp)

( The Leaders at Camp)

No comments:

Some Of Our Favs